This policy also addresses our security and accessibility policies that covers our data security practices and the options you have to access and control the information you have provided.
INFORMATION WE COLLECT
The information we learn from customers helps us ensure a quality shopping experience. Examples of such information are listed as follows.
- INFORMATION YOU GIVE TO US. This is “information that identifies you” that you voluntarily provide us. Examples include your name, your home address, your phone number, and any other information used to personally identify you.
- In order to make a purchase, we require certain information that identifies you be provided. This information can be later updated or modified for any changes.
- AUTOMATIC INFORMATION. In addition to information that identifiesyou there is also “other information” that you provide and which we collectelectronically. For example your email address. Your email does not personally identify you but is an efficient way for us to contact you. You have the option not to provide your email address, however we will be unable to open an account so you can place purchases.
- Like many other sites, we use “cookies” which are alphanumeric identifiers that enable our systems to recognize your browser. This helps us record your preferences and is used for such features as Also on Fobango. Cookies cannot harm your computer and do not contain any personal information. Accepting cookies to shop the Fobango site is required in order to provide you with a quality shopping experience.
- If you block or erase cookies from your computer the Fobango site may not work properly and your shopping experience will be diminished.
If you do not provide the needed information we will be unable to process your order.
Information about our customers is an important part of our providing a quality service to you. We collect personal information in order to provide an enjoyable shopping experience that includes purchasing products or services you request, providing appropriate customer service, providing us the ability to process your payment, allowing us to communicate effectively with you, and making certain we comply with any requirements of law.
- We collect personal information that enables us to operate and enhance our site. This may include analysis of consumer preferences in order to make certain our site and products are relevant. It may include information that helps us improve our sites functionality as well as the products and services we offer. This may include quantifying the number of users on our site and other analysis tools that improve our ability to provide a relevant online service.
- We collect personal information so we can provide services such as Also on Fobango.
Information about our customers is important to us and we do not sell, rent, share or disclose personal information to third parties for commercial purposes. Our policies concerning disclosure include the following.
- We may disclose personal information to our staff as well as to third party suppliers who are involved in processing your transaction and delivery and customer service of your order and third party suppliers involved in design, support and use of our site.
- We may employ other companies that are third party to perform functions on our behalf. Functions may include but are not limited to fulfillment of orders, delivery of orders, providing customer service, and processing credit card payments. They have access to information that identifies you and other information that are both needed to fulfill their functions but may not use such information for any other purposes beyond their functions.
- We may disclose your personal information to other companies that deal in fraud and credit risk.
- We may disclose personal information if necessary to protect our legal rights and to conform to the requirements of the law or comply with government orders, court orders as well as any legal process served on us. This may include but is not limited to cases relating to actual or threatened harmful conduct or if we have good faith belief that such conduct is possible.
- We will take reasonable measures to ensure you are aware of our disclosure policies and if there is a security breach we become aware of.
- Your payment and personal information is always safe. Our Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) software is the industry standard and among the best software available today for secure commerce transactions. It encrypts all of your personal information, including credit card number, and address, so that it cannot be read over the internet.
- We reveal only the last four digits of your credit card numbers when we are confirming your order. We do of course provide the entire credit card number to the appropriate credit card company so they can process your order.
- Please protect against unauthorized access to your password and to your computer. Remember, be sure to sign off when finished using a shared computer.
- We acknowledge that no computer system is completely secure. However, we have made every effort to take measures on our site that will reduce any risk of security problems that are consistent with the type of data being processed.
- We may do third party advertising that includes links to other web sites. We do not disclose personal information to these advertisers or to third party web sites.
- We are not responsible for the privacy policies or content of third party websites even when you access them through our site. We do recommend you check the privacy and security policy of each website you visit.
- You use third party websites entirely at your own risk. We make no representation or warranty of a third party’s website.
- At our discretion we may from time to time send you email communications to your email account that may include marketing emails, special events, discounts and promotions.
- We also send email order confirmations and updates after you have submitted your order and we have begun processing it.
- You can always choose not to provide personal information, even if it prevents us from being able to process your order.
- You can update information by going to your My Fobango profile.